The Effortless High-Protein Bread Recipe
Baking bread doesn’t have to be a boring and time-consuming task. If anything, this high-protein bread recipe will prove just that. Depending on kitchen efficiency and skills, it takes an average of 5 minutes to prepare. 55 minutes later, it’s ready to be enjoyed!
This bread is quite low in carbohydrates and high in protein. It also contains a good amount of the all-important dietary fiber that so many of us consume too little of. The protein and fiber help create long-lasting satiation, which makes this bread perfect for breakfast, lunch, and other meals.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat quark (200 grams)
- 3 table spoons omega-3 fish oil or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran (80 grams)
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds (50 grams)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (50 grams)
- 1 1/2 table spoons baking powder
- 3 table spoons of your favorite unflavored protein powder (Optional)
1. Whip the eggs lightly, and mix in quark and olive oil.
2. Add all of the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly. The dough should have a sticky consistency.
3. Use a small bread pan (8 x 1 1/2 – 8 x 2 inches) with greaseproof paper. Bake at 180 degrees for 55 minutes.
Tip 1: To avoid the bread getting “soggy”, let it cool of and reach ambient(room) temperature before putting it in a bag/box.
Tip 2: The bread is best kept in the refrigerator.
Share This High-Protein Bread Recipe!